[lug] Executing programs

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Mon Mar 20 03:45:02 MST 2000

A common problem when starting out.

For security reasons most people do not have the current directory in
their PATH variable, thus, while it is easy for you to look and say
"Hey, the program is right here!" the computer can't find it.

Therefor you need to tell it where to find the program. You would do
that by typing ./executable (for example, ./acroread).

* KELLEY SCOTT T (kelleys at ucsu.Colorado.EDU) [000320 03:35]: