[lug] Need help with Redhat 6.1 SPARC install.

Gregg Phillips phillips at fsl.noaa.gov
Tue Mar 21 16:53:33 MST 2000

Good Afternoon,

I installed Redhat Linux 6.1 for SPARC on my Sun Ultra 10 with Elite 3D
graphics. I am having some problems getting the X server up and running
and I was wondering if anyone could provide any info or point me at a
web site. I am using the Xsun24 server that came with the install. I can
get to the grey screen with the X cursor but I can't get an xterm to
come up or a window manager to start. I basically get an access control
type of error. I tried starting the server with the -ac option but that
didn't work.

I believe I also need help with the /usr/lib/X11/XF86Config file to help
with display sizing issues.

TIA,

Gregg.

Gregg Phillips                              phillips at fsl.noaa.gov
NOAA/OAR/FSL                                Lead Sys. Admin.
R/E/FS                                      STA Inc.
325 Broadway                                voice: (303) 497-7685
Boulder, CO 80303  USA                      fax:   (303) 497-6064