[lug] What does this mean?

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Thu Mar 23 07:29:38 MST 2000

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com wrote:

> You mentioned that you were first tipped off by the unusual entry you found
> in your nameserver.  Could you be more specific about where you discovered
> this entry?  What file would I need to look in on my hard disk to check for
> the presence of such an entry?

I think that minor detail escaped me... If you;re not running a really
recent version of BIND, that's probably how they got in. Bind < 8.2.19 (I
think) has known vulnerabilities.

matthew: which lockheed facility you at?

-Ian

--
<cosmo> wow, this is kinda nifty. the win98 protocol stack is
like a chinese finger puzzle, twist and turn in the right places,