[lug] Installing a new screensaver in KDE...

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Mon Mar 27 08:16:38 MST 2000

The matrix screen saver is part of Xscreensaver available from
jwz.org

You'll need to install Xscreensaver on your Corel Linux system to
get matrix.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 08:13:53AM -0700, Brian Jarrett wrote:
> Does anyone know what it takes to get a new screensaver running in KDE?  I'm
> trying out the Corel Linux distro and it doesn't have the Matrix screensaver
> that RedHat 6.1 has, so I copied the only file I could find (xmatrix) from
> my RedHat system to the /usr/X11R6/bin/ directory on my Corel Linux system,
> but don't know how to get the screensaver properties to list it.  Anyone
> know what I need to do?
>
> TIA,
> Brian

http://www.tummy.com/ Consulting and Software for Linux and Unix
KRUD - Kevin's Red Hat Uber Distribution - the Freshest Red Hat every month