[lug] DNS Q

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rnd-consulting.com
Fri Mar 31 14:58:03 MST 2000

ok,
  Finally got idsl.... yeah...   (Covad got it in EARLY, and around a
number of problems, so a 2 penguins up for them)....

  At any rate, NSI finally got my DNS updated this morning.  Concentric
claims that the reverse is pointed to my dns servers.  When i do
an nslookup on my IP from work though, it can't find it.

My DNS server is 208.37.210.162 and should resolve as
wally.rnd-consulting.com, as it does if I do a nslookup from any box
on my network.  Forwards work just fine.  I have this in the head of
my named.conf:

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        allow-transfer { 207.155.183.72; 206.173.119.72; };
};

Anyone have any theories/answers?

Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                |  Low quality in a product happens.
Senior System Engineer          |    That doesn't mean it's right and
  at RnD Consulting             |      definitely doesn't mean it should
                                \_       be accepted.  Require quality.
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: