[lug] shutdown -h now

John Edwards harkerii at sprintmail.com
Mon Apr 3 14:30:25 MDT 2000

At 12:21 PM 4/3/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Gary Hodges wrote:
>>
>> I recently installed a new motherboard (Tyan S1598).  When I run the
>> command "shutdown -h now" I get a severe looking error.  At least it looks
>>
>> [<01b752a>]
>> code:<1> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00008895
>> Oops: 0000
>[snip]
>> this, everything seems to be working fine.  When I look in the logs, it
>> appears that it shut down normally.
>
>FWIW, I have exactly the same behavior on a Tyan S1592 with an AMD K6-2 333.
>(running RH 6.1 - I haven't tried it since installing 6.2 last night).

	I used to get the same thing on my AMD 200mhz when halting the system.
	Never did figure it out, but it only happened with RedHat 6.1 and later.

John edwards
If Life is just a highway, then the soul is just a car
and objects in the rear-view window may appear closer
han they are.	                                 Meatloaf