[lug] Changing paths

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Apr 4 14:55:12 MDT 2000

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, D. Stimits wrote:

> Just guessing, but xauth mechanism is used on most of the newer
> distributions, and will cause problems depending on whether a
> particular user is allowed/denied :0.0 screen access. If your software
> is running as some other user, xauth is likely denying it. If you
> startx as root or a particular user, and gpg is someone else, you'll
> need to investigate xauth allowing the other user. *maybe...I'm
> guessing*.

But wouldn't xauth only affect X-sessions?  I'm coming in to my work
machine through the NIST modem pool, and then rlogin into my office
machine.  Since X isn't involved I'm more inclined to think I'm seeing
something in the login scripts somewhere.  Unfortunately I'm a very poor
shell programer.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)