[lug] openssl certificates

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Tue Apr 4 15:24:30 MDT 2000

HI,
I have my own ssl certificate for ssl e-mail retrieval.  But I keep
getting the following message from Netscape when connecting to the
server:

The certificate that the site 'aes1.archenergy.com' has
presented does not contain the correct site name. It is
possible, though unlikely, that someone may be trying to
intercept your communication with this site. If you suspect the
certificate shown below does not belong to the site you are
connecting with, please cancel the connection and notify the
site administrator.

Here is the Certificate that is being presented:

 Certificate for:
 Signed by:
 Encryption:
                AEC
                AEC
                Highest Grade (RC4 with
                128-bit secret key)

How do I create a certificate with the correct site name?  This must be
a trivial problem because I couldn't find much info on the topic on any
of the popular mailing lists out there.

Thanks,
Ferdinand

--