[lug] shutdown -h now

Gary Hodges hodges at srrb.noaa.gov
Wed Apr 5 09:07:33 MDT 2000

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Mark Horning wrote:

> Gary Hodges wrote:
> >
> > I recently installed a new motherboard (Tyan S1598).  When I run the
> > command "shutdown -h now" I get a severe looking error.  At least it looks
> > bad to me.  I hand copied some of it from the screen.  There lots of
> > hexidecimal numbers (address locations?) that I didn't copy down, just
> > imagine that when you see one below, there were likely several others...
>
> Have you tried turning off power management in the BIOS?

There isn't a global off setting for power management in the BIOS.  I
have turned everything off that I could, and it still gives that error
when shutting down.  I searched a bit at Deja since a few others on this
list reported similar experiences, but surprisingly couldn't find this
being discussed on any newsgroups.

Gary