[lug] Re: Superdisks and Linux - re an old chestnut ...

Ferdinand P. Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Wed Apr 5 12:13:09 MDT 2000

James:
When I mount my superdisk (as /dev/hdc) it shows up with the appropriate
storage amount.  That means that with a floppy disk inserted it can
store 1.44 MB and with a superdisk inserted it can store 120 MB.  Of
course you need to unmount the drive before you can remove the media.

Linux does not show anything special about superdisks.  They don't get
identified as having any special file system...  I typically use vfat so
I can use long dos file names.  The mount command I would use looks like
this:

mount -t vfat /dev/hdc /mnt/floppy

The mount command will fail if no media is inserted.

Hope this helps,
Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid