[lug] CSTIE show - BLUG needs booth volunteers

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Wed Apr 5 14:46:10 MDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Elizabeth O. Coolbaugh wrote:

> >    Note:  Students and persons under the age of 18 are not permitted at
> >           this event and will not be allowed on the floor.
> >

> Off-topic, but this is highly obnoxious.  So a PHD candidate in
> computer science isn't welcome at their show?  I dislike the age
> bias expressed tremendously anyway, but extending it to all
> "students" is just plain stupid.

It is their restriction, not mine.

I can tell you that you are misunderstanding their target audience.  They
are looking for the big business IT executive rather than the computer
scientist.

I don't see anything stopping a PHD candidate from showing up.  Just don't
go as a PHD candidate looking for job leads.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)