[lug] CSTIE show - BLUG needs booth volunteers

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Apr 6 10:36:33 MDT 2000

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, PC Drew wrote:

> I'm just a lowly 'ole student, but I'd be more than happy to help with
> some of the "behind the scenes" stuff, like getting the network up and
> running.  Email me offline and let me know what I can do to help.

Great!  Ferdinand and I have been sweating this a bit.  We can use all the
help we can get.  Some things that need to be done are:

   - We need to compile a list and generate a flyer of companies that work
     with Linux.  The CLIQ has supplied me with their most recent contact
     info which should help quite a bit.

   - We need to work out the details for the booth at the show.  Ferdinand
     has been working on getting loans on brand new hardware that could be
     used to show off Linux.  We need to finalize what hardware we will
     actually display, decide what we will present, and configure the
     systems.  This could be a pretty tight schedule since the show is on
     the 26th and 27th and we will not likely have the equipment in hand
     until the 22nd or 23rd.

   - We've got to come up with some warm bodies to man the booth for
     these two days.  Quite frankly, I'd be willing to have you help with
     that too.  The event coordinators are trying to attract the
     CIO's and to ensure that the CIO's don't get mobbed by job seekers.
     As long as you are working the booth I don't think they can say
     much.  (I think this is one of those cases where it would be more
     appropriate to ask for forgiveness than for permission.)

Overall, we could use some help planning this all out.  I've created a
temporary mailing list to facilitate communication between the volunteers.
You can subscribe to this by sending the message:

   subscribe blugbooth

to majordomo at tigger.boulder.nist.gov.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)