[lug] CSTIE show - BLUG needs booth volunteers

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Thu Apr 6 16:53:07 MDT 2000

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, John Edwards wrote:

> At 06:05 PM 4/5/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >
> >I don't really see much point in belaboring this item.  It is quite simply
> >their show, and we've been invited to participate.
>
> 	Sorry, it wasn't my intention to belabor a point, I was just making a
> statement.  You are, of course, correct.

No need to apologize.  I just had several people who were pushing this
item, and your message just happened to appear at a convenient time.

> >Right now, Ferdinand Schmid, Robert Harris, and myself are the only people
> >committed to this project.  Ferdinand and Robert have already volunteered
> >to speak at the convention, and Ferdinand is working to create a
> >heterogenous network to show off Linux.  We could really use a few more
> >people to help us out here.  We'll need some people to man the booth, and
> >ANYONE can help us get the network running.
>
> 	I would, but I work those days.

Yeah, I understand.  I'm going to have to burn some of my own annual leave
for this one, and am not too thrilled about that either.

Please keep in mind though, that while we do need people to be at the
booth on these days to answer questions, etc..  There is probably more
that needs to be done prior to the show.  For instance, someone needs to
put together any literature we want to hand out.  Right now I'm planning
to use the brochures that Kyle Moore created for the CLIQ show.  However,
I still think a list of Linux related businesses would be good to have as
well. Several people have offered information to put on this list, but it
needs to be compiled and printed.  We also need to decide what, if any,
computer demo we want to have, acquire the hardware, and configure it for
the demo. This is all stuff that doesn't require a presence at the booth
on the event day.

This is our chance to show the business community how cool Linux is.
Based on the response I've been getting so far I can see why they'd rather
choose something else.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)