[lug] O-Topic need C++ help......

PC Drew Philip.Drew at colorado.edu
Fri Apr 7 15:34:30 MDT 2000

I'd need more information to really help you, but have you used/learned
gdb?  That's the GNU debugger.  Basic commands go like this:

% gdb <program name>
gdb> break main  <- this sets a breakpoint at the main() function
gdb> run <any command line args>  <- this actually runs the program
gdb> n <- this goes to the next line of code, without "stepping" into it.
When you get to your function, instead of typing "n", type "s" to step
into the function, then type "n" again.

I'm sure there's tutorials on gdb online, but that's a crash course!

--
PC Drew

"To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion."