[lug] OS Sniffer site?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 10 15:34:46 MDT 2000

>>>>> "Cory" == Cory Dekker <cory at sysmgrs.com> writes:

Cory> While we're on the subject of cool sites...  At the firewall
Cory> talk last month, someone made mention of a software package or
Cory> site that had an uncanny ability to sniff your site and tell
Cory> you, with annoying accuracy, what OS you are running, often down
Cory> to the point release.

Cory> I've checked the web site, and Kevin's paper, and couldn't find
Cory> any mention of it.  Does anyone remember the name of the
Cory> package/web-site?

There are several...

nmap does it: http://www.insecure.org/nmap/index.html

as well as queso: http://apostols.org/projectz/queso/

Cory>                                         Thanks,
Cory>                                                 -Cory

kevin
--
Kevin Fenzi
MTS, tummy.com, ltd.