[lug] Pine-- delete from server.

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Tue Apr 11 12:37:05 MDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, John Starkey wrote:

> I have pine set up to retrieve (thru fetchmail) from a pop server. I had
> to d-load using my iMac today and found out that Pine isn't deleting the
> messages it d-loads. I've been through the options several times and
> haven't seen the option. Is this a fetchmail thing???
>
> Can someone help??

Pine doesn't download the messages, and has nothing to do with deleting
the messages on the pop server.  Pine just reads the mail delivered to it.
It is the fetchmail program that you need to look at.  There are serveral
options that can be set in your .fetchmailrc file that determines how
fetchmail handles the mail on the remote pop machine.

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)