[lug] Apache Question

Ralf Mattes rm at ns.aura.de
Thu Apr 13 15:07:29 MDT 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, winrip wrote:

>   Well I hope this is a simple question. How does one add a module to apache
> after it has been compiled and running. Looking at Apache's web site it
> mentions LoadModule, but I haven't been able to locate it on my system. I
> really don't want to recompile apache at this point.

Assuming that you compiled your apache with DSO support the following
is enough:

  # in httpd.conf
  LoadModule applet_data_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_applet_data.so

  # ... and later on
  <Location /xxxxxx/applet-data>
    SetHandler applet_data_module
  </Location>

BTW, if you wrote your module using apxs then a simple 'make install'
should do it.

  Ralf