[lug] Apache Question

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Apr 13 15:11:30 MDT 2000

winrip wrote:

>   Well I hope this is a simple question. How does one add a module to apache
> after it has been compiled and running. Looking at Apache's web site it
> mentions LoadModule, but I haven't been able to locate it on my system. I
> really don't want to recompile apache at this point.

YMMV, but this is how I added the PHP module to Apache to my RH 6.1 system:

Edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and search for all lines containing "php3".

There were 4:

#LoadModule php3_module        modules/libphp3.so
#AddModule mod_php3.c
#AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3 .phtml
#AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

The LoadModule and AddModule lines had to be uncommented to let Apache know
what was being added, while the first Addtype line told Apache to run files
with the ".php3" and ".phtml" extensions through the PHP module.

At least, that's what it took for me to get it working on all 3 computers which
I'm working with, so I'm sticking to that theory.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot