[lug] ext2 corruption

TrentJarvi jarvi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 20:47:03 MDT 2000

The only time I've had corruption with ext2 was when I was building gcc on
jazz drives (before there where alpha arch packages).  Nice way to grind them
into magnetic dust.

badblocks was able to identify what needed to be marked as bad by fsck.ext2.
I'd have to do that once every 4 compiles or so.  After 2 weeks the drive
would be shipped back to iomega in trade for the next victum.

Have you tried running badblocks on it?