[lug] secure ftp

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Tue Apr 18 09:47:03 MDT 2000

Is there a way to use ftp between NT and linux that is secure? It is my
understanding that scp only encrypts the username/password when used
with NT...the data itself is sent clear. We have an upcoming project
where the data itself is very sensitive so we need it sent encrypted
across the net. My other alternative is to have the client install the
VPN client software but that supporting the VPN connectivity if not
necessary is something I would rather avoid. Commercial software
suggestions are fine although I'm open to Open (Source).
--

----
Kyle Moore
Email: kmoore at trustamerica.com