[lug] a better xclipboard?

Samartha qwerty at pobox.com
Tue Apr 18 23:39:01 MDT 2000

I am using xclipboard a lot because of the one-click
cut and paste feature under X and the multiple page
possibility.

But there are a few shortcomings:

I am unable to do a deletion of a highlighted area in
the clipboard  - have to backspace through the area
to delete it.

I am unable to save pages automatically in a file, so whenever
I log out, everything is gone.

To get the automatic file save feature going would probably
be easy but the area delete function - I don't know if this
is a keybinding issue.

But what puzzles me is that the sources I am finding on
the internet (via search engine) are quite old - 1994 and
maybe someone has implemented something similar to
what I want already.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Samartha