[lug] clock not setting

Harris, James A (Jim) HarriJA at LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM
Thu Apr 20 09:45:34 MDT 2000

Just curious?  Do you have APM/ACPI enabled in your BIOS, and if so, do you
have APM support running under Linux?  I believe that if your machine goes
to a lower power mode and the kernel and daemons aren't running to manage
it, one of the first things to go is the system time.

-----Original Message-----
From: JEFF PFOHL [mailto:pfohl at sandia.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 12:06
To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
Subject: [lug] clock not setting

I THOUGHT I was done with my RH6.1 install. BUT the clock will not
stay set to the right time. I tried setting it with "date" and also
with "linuxconf" but it resets itself after a while. I have only
noticed it after my screensaver has been on for a while. I haven't
been at my terminal long enough actively to see if the clock screws
itself up while in an active session.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
				JEFF PFOHL
			 	E-MAIL: pfohl at sandia.gov
				PHONE : (505) 844-7033  work
					(505) 299-9516  home
        				(505) 844-6729  fax
				http://nucalf.physics.fsu.edu/pfohl

"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people:
 Those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to
 try to be in the first group; there was much less competition."

 - Indira Ghandi, the late Prime Minister of India