[lug] Cron

George Sexton gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Fri Apr 21 08:59:01 MDT 2000

0 23 * * * /usr/local/blah blah blah

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
Voice: 303 438 9585
Fax: 303 469 9679

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us [mailto:lug-admin at lug.boulder.co.us]On
Behalf Of winrip
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 11:27 PM
To: boulder linux group
Subject: [lug] Cron

I'm wondering what is the correct pattern to use for cron.

from my understanding it should be;
minutes hours days months weekday    program

So that being said I added a script to run using crontab -e, and added;
* 23 * * * /usr/local/blah blah blah

For some reason the script has been running every 45 seconds as near as I
can
tell. It's really a bad thing but I have two machines emailing me every 45
seconds, so I'm just wondering if I have set this up correctly. Now there
isn't
anything in the sript that has anything to do with time frames at all so I
know
it's not in the script.

If anyone has any advice..........

Thanks