[lug] X problem

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Apr 21 22:37:17 MDT 2000

Thus spoke PC Drew
> After I boot up and I get the login prompt, the screen flickers about
> 10 times and each time a message comes up saying "it seems like gpm
> was maliciously shutdown previously" and then it says "problem
> starting X, waiting 5 minutes to try again".

So disable gpm in the init scripts.  It's an abomination anyway.  If you
aren't going to be doing much on the text console for the show, you don't
need it anyway.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com