[lug] DSL question

sitUboo stevendeal at mac.com
Sun Apr 23 07:59:42 MDT 2000

Justin wrote:
<snip>
> Does the PPP mode change anything or is that just specific to the Cisco modem?
> I would think with a static ip and my isp dns info that I could simply configure
> ethernet interface to connect with. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
>
> Justin
I probably shouldn't post on this one...but with my 675, I have had to
switch it from ppp mode (which I used when I had a isp using a DHCP
server) to bridging mode (for my new isp). I 'think' the mode is
dependent on your isp an not on whether you have a static or dynamic
address. My cisco came set in ppp mode, just read the label on the
underside of the thing. It probably will say  CISCO 675 MODE ppp. I
would bet that you will have to do very little to be up and runnning. I
found the manual included with the modem (is it a modem or a router?) to
be very good. It covers things like setting passwords etc. the
importance of which perhaps other more knowledgable blug-ers may comment
on. Good luck.
--
Steven
//* insert witty one-liner here