RE [lug] bizarre NIC problem.

joker joker at home.com
Sun Apr 23 16:15:04 MDT 2000

I don't understand, either.   I have the same
woes.   One 3com 905b-tx.  A good quality card,  did not come with the
uswest/cisco 675 deal.   That one is still unwrapped sitting in my basement.
It's a either a isa or pci 3com 10 card.   The 905b-tx is 10/100 but the
only driver that will load with it is 3c59x.    My second card is a dlink
530tx also,  but no mods will load with that one.   DLink website has some
useless shortcuts to a long-gone student's directory on a university of
kansas server.   Mine as well be collecting mold on a shelf.    In order to
keep my website up, I guess I have to go back to the garbage isa realteks.
They may crap out and see a ton of collisions on a slow net,  but at least
the mods load.   Huh .. go figure.

Cisco 675 came default for me in bridging mode (4-2000) from uswest.

Boulder Linux Users Group

RE: [lug] bizarre NIC problem.