[lug] KILL syslogd

Chip Atkinson chip at pupman.com
Mon Apr 24 08:41:55 MDT 2000

Check your disk space first.  It may be that you are out of space, which
causes it to go nutz.  You may also wish to check what it is doing by
looking at the files in /var/log (red hat at least).  You can find out
where by looking in /etc/syslog.conf.  If it looks like everything is ok,
sure, kill it and restart it.  You can do it as root the "smooth" way from
/etc/rc.d/init.d and run the syslog script.  Again, this is redhat
centric.

Chip