[lug] DSL Availability

Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Mon Apr 24 09:33:06 MDT 2000

The third CO is indeed on the north end of town.  It's actually in
Gunbarrel (right on 63rd Ave; between Spine and Gunbarrel Roads).

I used to live in the apartments right across 63rd from the CO; a friend
lived in the apartments behind mine.  He has DSL now; and I could not
get it, due to the fact that the *all* the phone lines in Habitat
Apartments are multiplexed.  I finally pinned them (USWest) down on
this; when I kept saying that I was going to cancel my second phone
line, if I could get DSL.  The technician told me that this wouldn't
help, because my primary phone was probably multiplexed with my
neighbor's phone...

Now, I live in Longmont, and can't get USWest to check my line for DSL
capability because I'm about 10 feet over the limit!  And what funny, I
called Covad, and they said that they (Covad) don't even have equipment
in the Longmont CO.  I told the lady on the phone that I figured that
the CO was old; because USWest was adding/upgrading the switch in the
CO.  The lady at Covad actually burst out laughing!  Says a lot about
USWest....

Viggy