[lug] isapnp

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Mon Apr 24 10:28:52 MDT 2000

I have a PNP ISA modem that I've been using over a year
with various version of RedHat. The motherboard has a PNP
bios and so I didn't need to use the isapnptools under Linux.

Now, I've moved the modem over to an old Compaq that doesn't
have a PNP bios. The Compaq's "bios" ( diags on a DOS partition )
knows that the hardware has changed ( modem added ). However,
dumpnp doesn't show any PNP devices installed.

Has anyone here gotten a PNP card to function with Linux in a machine
without a PNP bios? Could my modem be showing up at COM1, thus
being overridden by the motherboard's COM1 serial port?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Doug Bonnell