[lug] CIDR question

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Mon Apr 24 13:18:37 MDT 2000

[excellent info snipped]

Now _that's_ an answer!

I've got most things configured for our new isp, just some problems with
Network solutions and USWest (put on your surpise face).  The US West one
couldn't have been avoided, but a word of caution when you're updating your
info with the internic.  If you have a hostname or IP that has been used
before in the Internic database, no matter what IP/Name you put in your
request to update your DNS info (Service agreement) it will change your
IP/Name back to what they have in their database.  So you need to change
your nameserver to a new isp, and you have ns1.mycompany.com as your
nameserver, you will need to change the Host record as well.  If you don't
they correct the IP you put in the form to the one they have in their
database.  *sigh*  Then you have to wait until 0500 or 1700 Eastern to
update their database again . . .

-Andrew