[lug] Relaying Mail

Andrew Diederich andrew at NETdelivery.com
Mon Apr 24 13:50:38 MDT 2000

Hmm.  I have switched to using postfix mostly, but I'm pretty sure the
distributions keep sendmail from being an open relay out of the box.  You
can force sendmail to be an open relay, but you'd have to set it this way on
purpose, I think.  The README for sendmail should give more explicit
examples, depending on your version, I imagine.  In SuSE 6.1 my readme is
/usr/share/sendmail/README, and I can send you a copy if you like.

The other config files (besides /etc/sendmail.cf) in SuSE are in /etc/mail.
Access and relay-domains are popular.  Some distros use m4 files to generate
sendmail.cf, and there are other config files I can't think of offhand.

Sory I couldn't be more specific.

-Andrew