[lug] DSL question

Chris M chrism at peakpeak.com
Mon Apr 24 15:48:58 MDT 2000

> From: Wayde Allen <wallen at boulder.nist.gov>
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 14:18:11 -0600 (MDT)
> To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
> Cc: Jodie Allen <joallen at peakpeak.com>
> Subject: Re: [lug] DSL question
>
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Chris M wrote:
>

>>> From: Chip Atkinson <chip at pupman.com>
>>> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:54:51 -0600 (MDT)
>>> To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
>>> Subject: Re: [lug] DSL question
>>>

>>> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Chris M wrote:
>>>
>>> <SNIP>

>>> And those commands would be....??? :-)
>>
>> ...available to paying customers :)
>
> Hmmm ... perhaps we need to talk offlist about this.  My wife has recently
> been having problems with her peak to peak account.  It seems to take
> upwards of an hour to download 40 or so e-mails using fetchmail.  Perhaps
> these are the commands we need?
>
> - Wayde
> (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)

Wayde,

You sent this to the list. I'll reply here lest people think I'm ignoring
you. :)

I don't show a DSL account under your name.  So no, DSL line commands aren't
going to help your DSL equipment if you don't have DSL :) joallen is not a
DSL account.

If you're having speed problems, the #1 issue out there on modem dialup
problems is outdated modem firmware.  You can get updaters at
http://www.56k.com

People in Longmont have had trouble recently due to the phone switch change
there at US West. Many of these people saw dramatic improvements once they
upgraded their modem firwmare to a later version from their modem
manufacturer.

Chris