[lug] FW: InformationWeek Daily 4/25/00 (fwd)

Charles Morrison cmorrison at info2000.net
Tue Apr 25 08:49:54 MDT 2000

So, are you or your organization running clusters with Pirhana? It shouldn't be
an issue otherwise, except of course as a PR issue. I'm not sure why this is
huge news, except that it is a way for MS backers to say "see, Linux has
backdoors too..." . I suppose that might have some merit if RedHat == Linux. It
doesn't however.

My understanding is that Pirhana is a RedHat redo of LVS. To my knowledge, this
is a RedHat only issue, and is not in the official LVS, nor in the TurboLinux
LVS spinoff.

Chuck