[lug] c++ books

Jeremy Hinegardner jjh at tranquility.net
Tue Apr 25 13:03:17 MDT 2000

I found Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in C++" very helpful.
If there is a newer edition I would suggest getting it.
The edition I have is from 1995 and doesn't cover the
Standard Template Library.

Once you've gotten the hang of things, get one of
Scott Meyer's books.  I have "Effective C++: 50
Specific Ways to Improve Your Programs and Designs".

-jeremy