[lug] Linuxcare's bootable mini-CD

socket at peakpeak.com socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Apr 26 00:35:52 MDT 2000

Hi, everyone.

I just wanted to give a little warning about the behavior I've seen
from several separate CD-ROM drives.  The Linuxcare business-card
sized bootable CD given out at the CLIQ expo and also available at the
most recent LUG meeting seems to be just a little dangerous, in my
experience.

My CD got a bit scratched up by an experience with a very normal CD
drive.  It seems that a lot of drives have a small well for such
minidiscs, but the ones I've seen also have an inconveniently placed
lack of plastic to keep the centrifugal force from flinging the
minidisc into the innards of the drive.  Caused a bit of damage... to
the disc. (whew)

Just a little warning.

--
Chris Riddoch      socket -at- peakpeak -dot- com
Will provide pseudo-insightful commentary for food