[lug] More script questions

winrip winrip at speakeasy.org
Thu Apr 27 18:31:07 MDT 2000

> You really want to read the sh manual.

Sorry I've been using the 'net to find what I'm after and as usual I don't find
exacly what I need

> No spaces.  "testl1=0"
Well that's how I had it the first time, and after seeing exaples the other way
I was just windering if it made a difference.

> You need spaces and dollar signs,
I ended up getting that far after sending the email.

>     while [ $testl1 -ne $testl2 ]; do
got that also.

> if [ `expr $p1 + 2` -eq $p2 ]; then

thanks

> winrip>    testl2 = 1

 My bad, I caught that just after I sent the mail it should be

testl1=0
else
testl1=1

> Also I don't think your loop will ever terminate.  If you intent to
> exit the loop on the mail-sending branch, it is probably more
> idiomatic to use "while true" and a "break" in the "if".
>
> Tom

Oh it exists fine now however I get a " [0: command not found " error.

I'm going to bang my head against the wall for a ten minute script.....
geeeezzzz........

Bill