[lug] Report on the Denver Computer Technology Showcase

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Fri Apr 28 15:37:21 MDT 2000

Thus spoke Wayde Allen
> The booth itself was a demo of a corporate networking solution with the
> computer equipment provided courtesy of SGI, VA Linux, and Compaq.  Philip
> Cartier (PC) setup the systems so that we had a database server running
> MySQL, a web server using Apache and PHP, a Samba server, a standard Linux
> workstation, and a Windows NT system (just in case someone in our virtual
> corporation couldn't be convinced otherwise).  The electricity to run all
> of this was paid for by Tummy.com.

Strange.  I went down there and walked up and down the isles and never saw
the booth.  I must have missed an isle.  Sorry 'bout that.  I was just
heading down to offer some moral support.  Ah well.

$10 for parking, though.  Ouch.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   Democracy is a beautiful thing, except for that