[lug] Report on the Denver Computer Technology Showcase

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Fri Apr 28 16:18:03 MDT 2000

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Michael J. Hammel wrote:

> Thus spoke Wayde Allen
> > The booth itself was a demo of a corporate networking solution with the
> > computer equipment provided courtesy of SGI, VA Linux, and Compaq.  Philip
> > Cartier (PC) setup the systems so that we had a database server running
> > MySQL, a web server using Apache and PHP, a Samba server, a standard Linux
> > workstation, and a Windows NT system (just in case someone in our virtual
> > corporation couldn't be convinced otherwise).  The electricity to run all
> > of this was paid for by Tummy.com.
>
> Strange.  I went down there and walked up and down the isles and never saw
> the booth.  I must have missed an isle.  Sorry 'bout that.  I was just
> heading down to offer some moral support.  Ah well.

We were in Exhibit Hall A in the back right hand corner, booth #537.  I
even have witnesses <grin>!  It was a big show though so I suppose you
could have missed us.

(Let's see, there was another show going on.  One of them was a textile
conference.  I suppose that could have been confused with web services and
networking <big grin>.)

- Wayde
  (wallen at boulder.nist.gov)