[lug] Solid FTP Server

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Fri Apr 28 21:35:53 MDT 2000

Exactly...that is what I'm looking for. If wu-ftpd sucks, what is great?
I am trying to compile a list of ftp sites that would get pounded. When
I get that list created I will try to find out what they are using. One
that crossed my mind is ftp.kernel.org and it seems as though they are
using wu-ftpd.

What is your favorite, high-traffic ftp site? Know what they use? Do you
run a ftp site that gets a lot of traffic (large files especially) and
your ftp software works great? I don't even care if it is commercial
software.

I will be researching this and would love to be able to provide my
findings on our web site for the group. I think it would be great if we
can get a large base of opinion and expand this to other types of
software so we have a good resource of information on the web site.