[lug] Scanners?

Jim Delmonico delmonij at ClubLinux.com
Fri May 5 11:45:58 MDT 2000

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Wayde Allen wrote:

> OK, so I'm back to considering the purchase of a scanner.  At this time,
> it seems that a flatbed scanner would best meet my needs.  Does anyone
> have any general recomendations?

I have found the HP ScanJet 6200C to work very well over the USB
interface with 2.3.99-pre6 and sane-1.0.1-4. If you have a 2.2 on the
machine in question the back ported USB drivers may be an option. I don't
have much experience with them but I suspect that they don't work nearly
as well.

---Jim A Delmonico
ClubLinux.com -                    Providing Linux Solutions for a New World
1911 11th Street Suite 105                             Sales 1-888-Linux-Now
Boulder, Co 80302                                      Support (303)247-1962