[lug] Page layout & design apps

socket at peakpeak.com socket at peakpeak.com
Thu May 11 08:04:59 MDT 2000

Hi, everyone.

Every once in a while, I help a friend of mine do some layout and
design on the children's books she writes.  In the past, I've used a
ridiculously old version of Aldus Pagemaker for Windows 3.1.  It's
quite sufficient for what we need, feature-wise.  In my brief time in
journalism, I became relatively familiar with QuarkXPress, and it
occurred to me this morning (since another book from a friend is on
the way, in a couple weeks) that I haven't looked for comparable page
layout programs under Linux.

If anybody has recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

Chris Riddoch           socket at peakpeak.com
Will provide insightful commentary for food
           http://www.peakpeak.com/~socket/