[lug] Samba & NFS

Kyle Moore kmoore at trustamerica.com
Fri May 12 10:21:12 MDT 2000

I was just thinking (happens once a month or so) if anyone has ever
worked on a an alternative to NFS or Samba for file sharing across
systems. I am not the biggest fan of NFS and I think Microsoft will
continue to mess with SMB (kerberos) to make compatibility with Samba
impossible. I'm suprised they haven't just come out and changed it
drastically.

With more linux desktop systems and linux/bsd/unix owning the server
market, there should be a big call for something like NFS or Samba but
better...something fast that offers good security and is easy to
configure.
--

----
Kyle Moore