[lug] LILO not loading?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Sun May 14 10:23:43 MDT 2000

PC Drew wrote:

> I just re-installed linux on my second computer (after having run
> OpenBSD) and the install goes just great until I reboot.  When I
> reboot, I get to the point where LILO gets loaded and it says "LI" on
> the screen and then hangs.

Are you sure your kernel is entirely within the 1024 cylinder limit?  That's
why it's usually best to make a boot partition (15 megs is plenty) the first
partition (or second, after the swap partition) on your hard drive.

Did you make a boot floppy?  You should be able to boot from that.

Calvin

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot