[lug] Trying to bind IP to eth0]]

Justin glowecon at netscape.net
Thu May 18 12:39:47 MDT 2000

I am running kernel 2.2.14 on this box, however I don't remember checking ip
aliasing when compiling the kernel. I was doing this for testing purposes just
to see if I could bind my ip as an alias but this box won't have the ip
ultimately. The ip will eventually be aliased on a different box that will
have kernel 2.2.15 and I will be sure to check ip aliasing on that one  :)
Also, from a previous reply it was noted that ip aliasing is "broken" in
redhat 6.1 which this box is running. We can drop this thread at this point
until I get the box up that will 'own' this ip. Thanks for the help ...

Justin