[lug] New Video Card

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at BreeceHill.com
Mon May 22 08:48:59 MDT 2000

Humm...

Unless you are playing games such as Unreal Tournament under Linux,
a fancy 3D card isn't going to improve the visuals of your 2D X windowing.

You might checkout the latest SuSE distro ( 2.4? ). They have always been
a step ahead in the X server end of things. The latest distro also has
XFree86 4.0 ( but installs 3.6 by default? ).

First stop on the net should be xfree86.org to see if the chipset of the
Stealth III is supported.

Hope this helps,
Doug Bonnell