[lug] Laser Printer Repair Advice Requested

Ryan Kirkpatrick rkirkpat at nag.cs.colorado.edu
Wed May 24 13:02:48 MDT 2000

	When I got home from school about two weeks ago, and started
unpacking, I found my old and faithful HP LJ II had serious problem. It
had been working fine at school, but now it made a horrible noise as
though something was jamming, and would not feed any paper. To make a long
story short, I took it into a local laser printer repair business and they
told me that it needed a complete refurb. Now the price they quoted me was
resonable (comparable to what I paid for the printer out of refurb three
years ago). Also, this laser printer meets all of my current needs, it
prints nice, good quality black and white documents, so I have no interest
in upgrading to something more current (and hence more expensive).
	The company I took my laser printer to is Aspen Laser in Gunbarrel
(CO). What my question is, does any one have any experience with this
company? Are they a good, reputable company who stand behind their work,
or are they otherwise? Today, computer repair shops are about as plentiful
as car repair shops, and seem in some cases to have the same reputation as
some car repair shops for tacking on "unecessary" repairs. :(
	So, is Aspen Laser a good company, or should I take my business
else where? Given there have been a few threads along this line (good/bad
computer dealers) in the past, hopefully this question will not be that
off-topic. Thanks.

	PS. If there is anyone from Aspen Laser on this list, just think
of this as an opportunity to see how the local Linux community views you.
:)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |