[lug] Linux Programmers (fwd)

Wayde Allen wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Fri May 26 11:17:26 MDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:18:54 -0700
From: Jason Blackwell <jason.blackwell at threeaxis.com>
To: wallen at boulder.nist.gov
Subject: Linux Programmers

Wayde,

Hello, my name is Jason Blackwell and I work for Three Axis Interactive
in Colorado Springs.  We are a small company porting and writing games
for Linux.   We are currently in the process of hiring two programmers
to work on a new game project.   I would ask that you disseminate,
either through the BLUG or just people you may know, the following
information for the position we are hiring for:

Candidates will play a key role in the design, development and
implementation of porting existing Windows programs to Linux. You will
be responsible
for the optimizing and re-architecture of code, developing tools, and
porting source
code from Windows to Linux. You should have Linux/UNIX system knowledge
and a solid
understanding of C++ and object oriented programming techniques. You
must be willing
to jump in and learn new and untested technologies, and must work well
in an
unsupervised environment within a small, tightly knit team.

Required Skills:
+ Fluent in C/C++, Object Oriented Design
+ 3D programming in either OpenGL or Direct3D
+ Linux/Unix programming skills
+ Excellent communication skills

Desired Skills:
+ Working knowledge of X Windows
+ Avid Interest in games and game programming
+ Application level network programming (TCP/IP, UDP)
+ Cross platform development between Win32 and Linux

Job Type:
Full-time with competitive compensation

Applicants can send queries or resumes to jobs at threeaxis.com

If you have any questions yourself or would like further information
please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jason Blackwell
jason.blackwell at threeaxis.com