[lug] Posting to the List from Netscape

arnie asherman1 at uswest.net
Fri May 26 18:25:14 MDT 2000

I am seeing the same thing. I edited these 2 files, and sent a test email, but
the Sender: header was still incorrect. I restarted Netscape, and the changes
to the files were overwritten. In either case, no joy.

Still hoping...
_______________________________

carl.wagner at level3.com wrote:

I think Netscape generates these file on startup?  I edited the
files
last night, and now the changes are gone.  This would make sense
since
the top of the file says:
   // Netscape User Preferences
   // This is a generated file!  Do not edit.
So how do we do this so that the changes don't get overwritten?
(I am running Communicator 4.6 )

Carl.

arnie wrote:

> Wayde Allen wrote:
>
> In the future, Mailman will improve its algorithm for finding
> matching address, but in the meantime, M. A. Lemburg
> <mal at lemburg.com>
> provides the following advice.  You can send this snippet to
any
> user
> whose posts are being held for seemingly no reason.
>
>     Edit the two .js files in your .netscape directory
> (liprefs.js and
>     preferences.js) to include the function call:
>
>     user_pref("mail.suppress_sender_header", true); "
arnie sherman
frenomulax at bigfoot.com

"I'm only Bob Dylan when I have to be."
		- Bob Dylan