[lug] pthreads

Kevin King kevin at precisonline.com
Tue May 30 15:42:01 MDT 2000

My apologies if this comes through twice.  My email server is freaking out.
---
I have a system running Caldera OpenLinux 2.2 and I am trying to implement a
C++ program with threads.  I have included <pthread.h> at the top of the
program, and when the program compiles I get the following message:

aserv.o: In function `main':
aserv.o(.text+0x215): undefined reference to `pthread_create'

Based on the premise that a library wasn't being linked, I modified the gcc
command to include the /usr/lib/libpthread.so, but I didn't think it would
work (last resort, you know?).  It caused the above error to go away, but
now I get a seg fault when trying to run the program -- right at the
pthread_create.  I've looked the man and info pages and haven't found any
specific secrets to make this work (to address the RTFM issue).

Anyone have any clues?  Thanks.

--Kevin
kevin at precisonline.com
http://www.precisonline.com