[lug] DNS and Apache Server

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Fri Jun 2 10:38:03 MDT 2000

One problem I have noticed is the slow startup of Apache at boot up time on my Linux.
It is trying to resolve the DNS name for this web server. The domainname on my
local LAN is a bogus domain. I do have the WWW server mentioned in the DNS table

www             A       10.5.28.11

What entries are required in the DNS to get Apache to start without delay?
The named daemon is starting before the the httpd daemon. The problem is obviously
in the DNS record.

I would appreciate if you could send me some sample entries in DNS for Web server.

Thank you in advance.

--

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com